![]() |
| The email containing the first testimonial I got! |
Over-deliver: I simply did more work than was expected of me. I was tasked to edit translation works. But, when Jes asked me to help her find more translators, I didn’t hesitate. I posted about the job on one of my websites. I emailed to a Yahoo! group where I knew there were people with the requisite qualifications. Two people actually contacted me right away. I then wrote to them explaining more about the job and then gave their names to Jes for her to decide whether she thinks they were up to it.
Ask: The best way to get what you want is to ask. And, that's what I did. I’ve been following quite a number of blogs on freelancing and one thing they tell newbies is to get testimonials. I simply asked Jes if she could be so kind as to give me a testimonial. Just like that. She did. Not only that, she gave me a bonus. Add 2 hours to your invoice she told me!
So, there it is.
Getting testimonials is easy when you over-deliver and ask for one.
If you liked this article, please share it on Facebook, StumbleUpon or Twitter. I’d appreciate it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment